Walt’s Outdoor World (“We” or “Walt’s Outdoor World”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.sportsmans.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected or processed by any other third party.
- Walt’s Outdoor World collects certain information about you either through your use of this website or through information you provide to us as described under “Information We Collect and Use” below.
- Walt’s Outdoor World may share certain information you provide in connection with our website with carefully selected third parties as described under “Information We Collect and Share with Others” below.
- You can restrict our sharing of your information with others as described under “How to Limit the Sharing of Your Information” below.
- You can view and update certain information about you that Sportsman’s Warehouse maintains in its database as described under “How to Update and Correct Personal and Account Information” below.
- Walt’s Outdoor World may send you email notices regarding products and services. If you wish, you can remove yourself from our email list at any time as described under “Communications to Our Customers” below.
- Walt’s Outdoor World is available to answer your questions about our privacy practices.
1. Information We Collect and Use
a. Personal Information
There are times when we collect information from you through our website. This occurs when you register to post comments, reviews, pictures, or other content on the Walt’s Outdoor World website.
The information we collect on or through our Website about you (“personal information”) may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website
- Information provided when you register to use our Website or purchase products from us by which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, payment information, or telephone number
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of your orders
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”), such as (but not limited to) product reviews. By submitting any User Contribution, you grant us a license to use that content for our own internal purposes and to publish it on our Website AND RELEASE US FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF THAT THIRD PARTY’S ACCESS TO YOUR USER CONTRIBUTION.
Personal information collected on our website is used in several ways:
- to provide you with information or to ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news, and events
- to allow you to post comments, reviews, pictures, or other content on the Sportsman’s Warehouse website
- to aggregate information in order to understand general user trends
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as (but not limited to) fulfillment, billing, or collection
b. Usage Information
In addition to personal information, Walt’s Outdoor World also uses various methods to collect information about your device and behavior when you use the Website (“usage information”) including:
- Network information
- Device information
- Preferences (e.g. notification preferences)
- Referrers – A “referrer” is any information passed along by a web browser that references a web URL that led you to the Website. Referrers are automatically collected by our web server and used by Walt’s Outdoor World to identify the websites referring traffic to our download pages, and to present tailored content to our potential customers. Referrer information is also tabulated by Walt’s Outdoor World on an aggregated basis to identify general trends and traffic patterns.
From time to time, Walt’s Outdoor World may enter into agreements with content partners that require Walt’s Outdoor World to count the number of product downloads or product sales stemming from referrals from a content partner website. This information is collected, used, and aggregated by Walt’s Outdoor World to fulfill the reporting requirements of those agreements. This information may also be combined with referrer information and tabulated on an aggregated basis to identify general trends and traffic patterns.
- Network Information – We collect certain information about the networks you use to connect with the Website. For example, IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you. We may also collect other information about your network, such as cellular network information, timing information, and other technical information, according to the settings on your device. These data are automatically collected by our web server.
- System Information – System information we collect might include, among other things, MAC addresses, the type of web browser being used, operating system type and version, hardware platform make, model, or version, geolocation information, and CPU speed. This information is sent automatically by your web browser when you are connected to a website, according to your device’s settings, and is used by Walt’s Outdoor World only for broad demographic statistics. This information is used by Walt’s Outdoor World to identify broad trends and may be used to provide tailored content, or to format information appropriately for your computer system.
- Do Not Track Signals – Most web browsers can be configured to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services that you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, the Services do not alter their operations when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, you may visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
2. Information We Collect and Share with Others
At times, we must disclose relevant information about our customers to our business partners. For example, when customers use a credit card, the customer’s credit card number is submitted to the credit institution for normal, routine processing. We might also need to disclose certain information to our contractors, so that they may perform services for us. Walt’s Outdoor World requires such contractors and business partners to keep your information confidential. Walt’s Outdoor World may disclose personal information to such contractors and business partners without additional notice.
Advertisements displayed on the Walt’s Outdoor World website might be delivered by an advertising management service. When you view advertising on a page of our website, an advertising service company might place a cookie on your computer. Walt’s Outdoor World does not provide any of your personal information to the advertising service without providing you an opportunity to opt out. You may disable cookies in your browser if you do not wish to receive cookies from advertising servers. Walt’s Outdoor World, these advertisers, and other third parties may collect personal information from users of the Website over time and across different websites or services.
We may also disclose to others the information collected by Walt’s Outdoor World regarding your access and use of the Walt’s Outdoor World website, provided that it is de-identified and aggregated with other data.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
3. How to Update and Correct Personal and Account Information
We strive to keep our records of the information collected in the registration process accurate and we will promptly update our records when you update your information at our website. It easy and simple to update your information:
- On every page in the top right is a “Login Status” control (“My Account”).
- If not signed in to your account, click “My Account” to log in.
- Once signed in, your “Login Status” will now show you as signed in, there will also be links for editing your account information (“Address Book”, “Email Address”, “Personal Details”, etc.) and logging out (“Sign Out”) of the system.
To edit your account, click the appropriate section that you’d like to update. Once in the section to be updated, you can update or correct the information you have previously submitted.
4. Communications to Our Customers
From time to time, Walt’s Outdoor World may provide information and special offers to you. We will communicate with you by email unless you tell us you do not wish to receive emails from us. You can opt out of this service by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
5. How to Limit the Sharing of Your Information
If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties, you may elect to restrict us from sharing that information. You can make this election by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Contact Us
8. Governing Law
9. Limitation of Liability
10. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
11. European Privacy Rights
We do not intentionally market our products or this Website to, or track the behavior of, any residents of the European Economic Area. If you are such a resident, please do not use this site or purchase our products. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
12. Children under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information using the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD – TERMS OF SERVICE
All Walt’s Outdoor World customers must be at least the age of majority in their state or province of residence, must be legally able to agree to these Terms, and must provide and update accurate registration information to place an order on the Website. By placing an order using the Website, you offer to buy the products listed in your order and are subject to these Terms. You agree to provide and maintain current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our Website. Walt’s Outdoor World may choose to reject any orders, or limit or cancel quantities purchased per order, per household, or per order in our sole discretion. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the email, billing address, or phone number provided at the time the order was made. Walt’s Outdoor World reserves the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers, or distributors.
If you choose to register an account on the Website, you will choose a username and password to use in establishing and accessing a Walt’s Outdoor World customer account. Your account will allow you to purchase products from Sportsman’s Warehouse and to post comments, reviews, pictures, or other content on the Website. You must not share your username and password with any other party. You assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your username or password, and you must promptly inform Walt’s Outdoor World of any actual or suspected unauthorized use.
You agree not to interfere, disrupt, or attempt to interfere or disrupt the operation of the Website, our Online Platforms, or of the networks connected to the Website, and to abide by all security policies adopted by Walt’s Outdoor World. You agree that you will not use this Website or our Online Platforms to transmit worms, viruses, or any other form of malicious or destructive code to our systems or others’ systems.
You acknowledge and agree that, for security purposes, Walt’s Outdoor World may monitor your account and your access to and use of the Website. Walt’s Outdoor World may at any time terminate or suspend your access to the Website or Online Platforms as Walt’s Outdoor World considers appropriate or necessary in its sole discretion for security reasons, as a result of non-payment, any alleged or suspected breach of these Terms, or to protect intellectual property. Walt’s Outdoor World may also impose limits on certain features and functions of the Website or Online Platforms or restrict your access to the Website or Online Platforms without notice or liability.
4. Customer Content
After you have registered, you may post comments, reviews, pictures, or other content on the Website or Online Platforms (“Customer Content”), subject to the rules established by Walt’s Outdoor World, as those rules might change from time to time. You must not post any Customer Content that is offensive, profane, indecent, obscene, threatening, abusive, libelous, or illegal. Your Customer Content must not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of others, and you will indemnify Walt’s Outdoor World and hold Walt’s Outdoor World harmless from all losses, claims, damages, and expenses arising from your Customer Content.
You grant Walt’s Outdoor World a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license, with the right to grant sublicenses, to (i) modify and create derivative works based upon your Customer Content, and (ii) reproduce, display, and distribute your Customer Content, modified versions of your Customer Content and derivative works based upon your Customer Content. Walt’s Outdoor World may, but is not obligated to, review Customer Content prior to, or at any time after the Customer Content is first displayed by Walt’s Outdoor World. Walt’s Outdoor World may refuse to display and may at any time cease the display of any Customer Content that, in Walt’s Outdoor World’s sole discretion, is in violation of these Terms, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise inappropriate, or might expose Walt’s Outdoor World to any claim by or liability to any third party. No display of any Customer Content is a waiver of Walt’s Outdoor World right to cease the display of that Customer Content. Walt’s Outdoor World’s right to review, refuse, and cease the display of Customer Content is not an assumption by Walt’s Outdoor World of any responsibility for Customer Content.
5. Third Party Web Sites
Walt’s Outdoor World might provide links to websites operated by others or to social media accounts created and maintained by others. If you use those links, you will leave the Website or the Online Platforms. If you decide to visit any linked website or other platform, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Walt’s Outdoor World makes no warranty or representation regarding any linked website or content, the information appearing on those websites or posts, or any of the products or services described on those websites or platforms. Walt’s Outdoor World does not endorse the information appearing on those websites or platforms or any of the products or services described on those websites or platforms.
Please review carefully the third party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third party products or services should be directed to the third party.
6. Reviews & Comments
The Website and Online Platforms include information provided by other Walt’s Outdoor World customers and affiliates, such as comments and product reviews. Walt’s Outdoor World is not in any way responsible for such information and does not warrant its accuracy. Your use of that information is at your own risk.
7. Transactional Data
“Transactional Data” means all information collected by Walt’s Outdoor World, or to which Walt’s Outdoor World has access, that relates to the products or services you purchase and your use of the Website and Online Platforms. You grant Walt’s Outdoor World a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license, with the right to grant sublicenses, to (i) use Transactional Data in any manner for Walt’s Outdoor World’s internal business purposes, including the provision of products and services to Walt’s Outdoor World customers and other third parties, (ii) prepare and distribute reports and analyses of Transactional Data, provided that such reports and analyses do not disclose your identity, and (iii) distribute and disclose Transactional Data that is de-identified and aggregated with other data, and grant third parties rights use and analyze such data for their internal business purposes.
8. Intellectual Property
You acknowledge and agree that all information and content that you access or that is made available to you through the Website and Online Platforms, including, but not limited to, information, text, graphics, trademarks, logotypes, data and data compilations, is the property of Walt’s Outdoor World, its customers, or its suppliers. United States and international trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property right laws protect that information and content.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN A PRODUCT’S OR SERVICE’S DESCRIPTION ON THE WEBSITE, ALL WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT ARE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WHICH SPORTSMAN’S WAREHOUSE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE EXCLUSIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD WEBSITE OR ONLINE PLATFORMS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD WEBSITE OR ONLINE PLATFORMS WILL BE USEFUL OR THAT IT WILL SATISFY YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY, DOWN TIME, OR OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
10. Limitation of Liability
WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, THE WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD WEBSITE, ONLINE PLATFORMS, OR WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER PERFORMANCE UNDER, OR PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS (INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE) EXCEPT FOR THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD.
IN NO EVENT WILL WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD’S LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (A) INCLUDE ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, OR (B) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR WALT’S OUTDOOR WORLD PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. All items purchased through the Website are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon tender of the item to the carrier. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
Walt’s Outdoor World may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. You may not assign any of your rights and obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of Walt’s Outdoor World.
Any notice permitted or required to be given by you under these Terms will be deemed given and effective when sent to Walt’s Outdoor World. Any notice permitted or required to be given by Walt’s Outdoor World under these Terms will be given and effective when sent to you at the email address provided in your registration for a Walt’s Outdoor World account. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current. Walt’s Outdoor World may also provide notice by posting to the Website which will be effective upon posting.
13. Governing Law
These Terms will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Any action arising out of, or relating to, this Agreement may be brought in any state or federal courts of competent jurisdiction situated in Texas, and you consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
If any of these Terms conflict with any applicable statute or rule of law, the affected Terms will be deemed inoperative. If any part of these Terms is held illegal, void, or ineffective, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. No failure by either party to take any action or assert any right under these Terms will be deemed to be a waiver of that right in the event of the continuation or repetition of the circumstances giving rise to that right. If any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severed from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
15. Export Restriction Notice
Some items purchased may be strictly controlled from export by the United States Department of State (Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/) or the United States Department of Commerce (Bureau of Industry and Security, http://www.bis.doc.gov/), such as but not limited to the Export Administration Act of 1979 (50 U.S.C. 2401-2410), the Export Administration Regulations promulgated thereunder (15 C.F.R. 768-799), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 C.F.R. 120-128 and 130), and their successor and supplemental regulations (collectively, “Export Regulations”). You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the various states and of the United States, including the Export Regulations, in your purchase and use of any products you obtain from Walt’s Outdoor World. You affirmatively represent and warrant that you are buying products or services for your own personal use only, and not for resale or export. Please contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection (https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/know-before-you-go/prohibited-and-restricted-items) for guidance on exporting items such as ammunition, firearm parts, optics, GPS, and other potentially restricted items that may be offered for sale on this Website. Serious penalties, both criminal and civil, may be imposed on persons who fail to comply with the export control laws of the United States.